Powerscourt Hotel & Spa ensures the Highest Standards of Cleanliness & Sanitisation
The health and safety of our guests and team members is – and always will be – our number one priority. As such, all Powerscourt Hotel Team Members have received specific training on Covid-19 protocols, particularly for teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Hotel Operations, and our Spa facility.
We want to reassure you that we are closely following the guidance and procedures of the World Health Organisation and the Irish Health Services Executive (HSE) regarding Covid-19, to support the health, safety and well-being of our guests, Employees and our Community. We are delighted to advise that we have secured our Covid 19 Safety Charter from Fáilte Ireland. The Safety Charter demonstrates that we are operating in line with current Government public health advice and with safety and cleaning protocols in place. This Charter is designed to give comfort and reassurance to our valued guests and associates that we are ready to re-open safely.
The hotel has implemented a new multi-pronged platform of increased safety measures, which includes enhanced technology and protection for our guests and team members which is overseen by our Covid-19 Committee made up of Senior Hotel Management.
We are supporting our hotel team, and their own health, safety and knowledge, as these are essential to an effective cleaning programme to ensure all our guests can be assured of the highest level of comfort and service throughout their stay.
Here are some ways we are supporting our team:
- Prior to returning to work, all employees will complete online training in line with our return to work safety protocol to include enhanced Covid-19 awareness with certification a prerequisite to a return to the workplace.
- Ongoing training: Our employees will receive training on housekeeping, hand hygiene and Covid-19 protocols introduced within the hotel.
- Hand hygiene: Proper and frequent hand-washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily hotel and departmental meetings, we have always emphasised this point, but now more than ever, bring to the absolute forefront the necessity of this simple act. It is so important for their health and that of our guests.
- Real time information: The hotel’s Corporate and Regional teams are on standby 24/7 to support our Covid-19 committee and hotel staff and to coordinate with local and regional authorities.
- Cleaning products and protocols: A cleaning and frequent sanitising program for all public areas and high touch points is in place throughout the hotel. We use industry leading cleaning and sanitising products and protocols mandated by Irish and European authorities that have been approved for use against viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens.
- Our Team Members are trained and briefed to report all guests presenting Covid-19 symptoms on property to the Covid-19 committee. This allows us to take immediate action to assess their medical condition and ensure guests can isolate in their room or be referred to a medical facility for further assessment.
Measures and Protocols
Visible floor markings and signage are used throughout the hotel to safely guide our guests. During peak times, a dedicated staff member will assist to ensure social distancing is being adhered to.
The frequency of cleaning has been expanded in all public spaces with approved disinfectants including front desk counters, guest service desks, elevators, door handles, handrails and public washrooms by our dedicated team every 60 minutes.
Only four guests will be permitted per elevator at any one time.
Hand sanitiser dispensers are placed throughout the hotel at guest and employee entrances as well as high-contact areas such as the hotel lobby, restaurant and lounge entrances, meeting and event spaces, elevator landings, pool, and gym areas. Hand sanitiser will also be provided in guest rooms and for employees working in back of house areas.
Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
is worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to Irish authorities’ regulations and guidance. We will also be providing PPE amenity kits in our rooms and to guests arriving to the property as required.
Our hotel will ensure all guests and employees are adhering to physical distancing
standards by standing or sitting at least 2 metres away from others throughout all areas of the hotel for periods of over 15 minutes.
The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange is optimised
Guest Check-in and Out
On arrival to the hotel we would ask that all guests make use of our complimentary self-parking. Valet parking will not be available at this time.
Where possible we will ask guests to check-in via the Marriott Mobile application reducing time for interaction at the Front desk. This application also allows guests the option to utilise their smartphone as a room key. Additional amenity and service requests can be made using the chat option via the Marriott Mobile App.
Protective screens are in place at our reception desk for guest registration and where possible, our reception team will use every other station to adhere to social distancing measures.
Hand sanitiser and face masks are made available from reception for guest use.
Contactless payment options and email receipts will be encouraged. When this is not possible payment terminals will be sanitised between transactions.
Room Key cards will be sanitised after each use.
Bedroom and Amenities
In light of measures required to minimise hard surface touch points in our bedrooms, steps have been taken to remove or modify various standard items from the rooms.
Our in room dining menu and guest directory are displayed on your television only. Non-essential items such as pen and pad, collateral and menus have been removed from the guest room. Should you require additional amenity items, these can be delivered promptly to your guest room by contacting our guest services team.
We have removed our minibar offering; however, the refrigerator may be used by our guests to store personal items.
In-room dining is delivered by employees wearing protective equipment and will use a touchless process whereby contact between our guests and employees is minimised.
Removing non-essential amenities from your guest room allows our Housekeeping team, equipped with approved products and PPE to complete a thorough cleaning and sanitisation of all areas of your bedroom.
As a measure to limit contact during your hotel stay, the hotel's policy is to provide a cleaning service to your room during your stay on a request only basis.
All bed linen and towels are washed at high temperature exceeding the guidelines provided by the Health Service Executive.
Food and Beverage offering
In order to respect social distancing measures our food and beverage facilities have been modified to ensure a minimum two-metre distance between tables and we are only able to accept 30 percent of the restaurant’s normal capacity, advance dining reservations are therefore required.
We are encouraging the use of credit & debit card payment, or room charge within our outlets.
We will have single use disposable menus. All tables and seating areas will be sanitised after each party has left. All dishes are fully prepared and served to your table from the kitchen.
Buffet/self-serve food service have been discontinued at this time. A limited offering at breakfast of individually wrapped continental items will be available.
Bar Service will be offered from the Sugar Loaf Lounge where table service will be in operation.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Studio
The hotel gym and pool will be open between 08.00am to 8.00pm daily with the following processes:
- Guests will be asked to change into their swimming attire in their bedroom, changing facilities in the pool and gym area will be closed.
- We have allocated booking times for the pool to comply with social distancing measures. Swimming times can be booked via firstname.lastname@example.org
- A pool attendant will provide towels from the sign in desk on arrival.
- There are toilets located at the pool level.
- Social distancing will be in operation and the number of guests using the facility at the same time will be controlled.
- Guests will be asked to self-regulate social distancing on gym equipment.
- There is a reduction in the number of fitness equipment items to meet social distancing requirements with signs posted on closed equipment.
- While the facility will be regularly cleaned and sanitised, we will ask guests to disinfect gym equipment before and after use
- Guests will return to their room in their robes and slippers after swimming.
- Children’s hours in the pool will be as follows: Morning 9am -12am / Evening 3pm- 6pm and must be booked in advance.
ESPA at Powerscourt
ESPA at Powerscourt has reopened to Hotel guests.
We would like to provide you with some information on how we have increased our sanitation throughout the spa in response to COVID-19. Our spa has always upheld strict hygiene protocols and the well-being of our guests has always been our priority. As we look forward to welcoming you to our spa, we would like to reassure you that the following additional protocols have been introduced, so you can feel safe and protected while you spa with us.
• The Spa Opening hours are 08.00am to 8.00pm daily.
• Temporary Closures. The following amenities will not be available until further notice: Hammam Suite, Thermal Suites, Spa Café, and Changing Rooms.
• Our Spa Reception team will welcome you upon arrival and ensure we have received your digital consultation card should you have a treatment booked. Protective screens have been installed at the Spa Reception desk.
• We are operating on a reduced Treatments Menu until further notice.
• The therapist will meet you at the Spa Reception and bring you directly to the treatment room for your treatment.
• The therapist will wear a mask during your treatment as an enhanced safety measure.
• To keep our guests and employees safe, guests will be requested to shower in their room and wash hands prior to the treatment.
• Guests will be requested to wear a face mask during the treatment.
• No cash payments will be accepted. All payments will be collected via room charge, credit/debit card or a relevant gift card. There is also an opportunity to pay in advance of your treatment via a secure payment system.
• Your Treatment room will have been deep cleaned and sanitised using a certified electrostatic anti-bacterial spray.
If you have visited before, you may note other small changes to our normal facilities. We have endeavoured to keep the spa relaxing and enjoyable.
We would like you to relax during your visit and immerse yourself into the Spa Experience. For this reason, we have taken extra measures to safeguard our guests prior to arrival. We kindly ask the following:
For the safety of our guests and staff, if you or a member of your household has developed any of the following symptoms; Cough, Fever, Breathlessness, Sore Throat, Headaches within the last 7 days (prior to your Hotel/Spa visit) please contact the Hotel/Spa prior to arrival of your appointment or facility use.
What you can do to help
- Should you present with any symptoms of Covid-19 or feel unwell during your stay we kindly ask that you stay in your bedroom and contact our Front Desk team by dialling “0”. We will arrange for a Doctor to contact you and they will provide further instructions.
- If you have any questions or concerns you can contact the front desk by phone and ask to speak to the manager on duty.