1. Enjoy some well-deserved rest time before the Christmas rush
While the build up to Christmas may be a time of great excitement, it can also be quite a busy period. Between buying gifts, organising plans and Christmas get togethers, it can be easy to get so caught up in the pre-Christmas rush that we forget to take some time to relax, enjoy it and take it all in. A pre-Christmas break at Powerscourt is a perfect opportunity to de-stress, relax and really embrace such a beautiful time of year.
2. The crackling log fires will be blazing, and you’ll get that warm, cosy feeling inside.
There’s no better winter warmer than relaxing beside a crackling log fire. After spending time out in the cool winter air, you’ll have perfect setting to return to and really warm up and relax. For an ultimate comfort experience, enjoy a freshly made hot chocolate as you watch the flames light.
3. Experience an unmissable Christmas ambiance and take the little ones to visit the big man himself.
The annual Winter Wonderland and the much-anticipated visit from Santa Claus himself with commence on Saturday 16th November in Powerscourt House. Set on the grounds of the Powerscourt Estate, it’s a truly magical experience for those young and old. Expect enchanting Christmas décor, delightful festive treats and even the chance to meet Santa’s Christmas animals. They’ll be deer, pygmy goats, miniature donkeys, rabbits, and guinea pigs ready to greet little visitors.
4. Witness the beauty of the sugar loaf mountain, dusted with a veil of white snow.
The views of the Sugar Loaf Mountain are really spectacular all year around but possibly their most beautiful time is throughout the colder months when they are often sprinkled with a light veil of white snow. A most scenic backdrop to a leisurely winter stroll and a magnificent view to wake up to over breakfast in the Sugar Loaf Lounge.
5. Breathe in the freshest, most crisp winter air as take a scenic stroll through one of the many walkways.
How about the mile-long long avenue along Powerscourt Estate, lined with row upon row of beach trees, some of which are over 200 years old? A winter bonus -they keep their vibrant leaves all year round.
6. Discover a new Irish whiskey, expertly distilled at the Powerscourt Distillery.
The Powerscourt Distillery, located on the Estate is a master distiller of Fercullen Irish Whiskey. Daily tours are available which include the opportunity to sample their renowned blends in intimate tasting rooms. Why not ask for it hot? As the old tale goes, a hot whiskey may be the perfect remedy to fight off a winter cold.